Re: [virt-tools-list] virsh and attach-device

On 10/15/2010 11:13 AM, David Cure wrote:

> 		Hello,
>
> 	I want to attach a disk in a running linux squeeze VM (KVM), the
> disk is based on an lv snapshot.
>
> 	I define my disk in an xml file :
>
>     <disk type='block' device='disk'>
>       <driver name='qemu'/>
>       <source dev='/dev/vgkvm/lv-tahiti-backup'/>
>       <target dev='vdb' bus='virtio'/>
>     </disk>
>
> 	And run this command : virsh attach-device vm fic.xml and the
> result is "Device attached successfully"
>
> 	but in my vm, I don't see the disk (fdisk -l), nothing in the
> log in the VM related to the disk, and nothing in the vm.log on the KVM
> host.
>
> 	Any idea ? thanks,
>
> 	David.
>
> PS: I try attach-disk too but I can't choose qemu for the driver.

I had too the very same problem and I've just given up on it. I haven't
figured out how to use virtio HDD nor found appropriate driver for it
(tested with kernel 2.6.32.x).

But as I've said, I've given up (for now).

Just to let you know you're not alone :P

Zdenek

--
Zdenek Styblik
Net/Linux admin