Re: [virt-tools-list] libguestfs on OSX

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 05:44:54AM +1100, Justin Clift wrote:
#define    ENOKEY        126

This isn't going to be much help unfortunately.  We need a standard
errno which will be available to users and is distinct from any other
value we could possibly return.  Difficult one ...

Gnulib has already solved the problem of how to portably add errno values missing on various systems; it's just that ENOKEY is not a POSIX-mandated errno value. Is there any other standard that describes its existence, which would justify adding it to gnulib's errno.h in spite of not being in POSIX; or should we be guarding code with #ifdef ENOKEY?

hivexsh.c: In function 'set_prompt_string':
hivexsh.c:231: warning: implicit declaration of function 'open_memstream'
hivexsh.c:231: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast

I'm guessing that gnulib can help us with this one (it's a glibc
function).

Yes and no. I proposed a potential open_memstream implementation a while ago, but have not focused on completing it because it had some issues at the time, and no one clamoring to use it.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnulib/2010-04/msg00375.html

This may be the incentive I need to revive that work and address the concerns raised.

hivexsh.c: In function 'cmd_lsval':
hivexsh.c:697: warning: format '%lli' expects type 'long long int', but
argument 2 has type 'gl_int64_t'

Looks for all the world like a bug in Mac OS X:

  695     case hive_t_qword: {
  696       int64_t j = hivex_value_qword (h, value);
  697       printf ("%" PRIi64 "\n", j);

Indeed. And the fact that the compiler is complaining about gl_int64_t makes it sound like gnulib is implicated. Would you mind reducing this to a simpler testcase and posting to bug-gnulib AT gnu.org?