Re: [virt-tools-list] passing custom parameters to kvm?

On 03.09.2010 13:50, Matthias Bolte wrote:

   <domain type='kvm' xmlns:qemu='http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>
     <qemu:commandline>
       <qemu:arg value='-cpu'/>
       <qemu:arg value='host'/>
     </qemu:commandline>
   </domain>

in the XML config of the domain using 'virsh edit<domain-name>'.

But make sure that you don't add a<cpu>  element to the XML config
then, because that would result in two -cpu options in the final
commandline.

Seems to work - thanks.

But: how do I change setting in /etc/libvirt/qemu/<guest>.xml file, so that libvirt knows about it?

Right now, as I edit it, the guest starts with old values (i.e. <cpu> I specified before, but which is already gone from the file).

Restarting libvirtd doesn't seem to be a really proper way, or?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org