Re: [virt-tools-list] VM grouping

 On 09/09/2010 10:58 AM, Zdenek Styblik wrote:

Hello everyone,

this is my first post to this list, so I'm not sure if it's even
appropriate.

I've also noticed that virt-manager doesn't refresh remote
configuration. If I change something at remote host, virt-manager
doesn't reflect such changes; not even after disconnect/connect nor
"restart" nor remote libvirtd restart. Is there some way how to enforce
such synchronization? To be true, I've failed to locate cached (local)
configs, at least I believe it would help to delete these files. May be
I'm wrong.
Why would I edit something by hand, in case somebody asks? Because I've
failed achieve to do something via GUI. But may be I'm doing something
wrong - doing this wrong. Please, I'm newbie to this thing; don't kill me.

As the very last thing, I'm ... I like virt-manager. Good work and keep
it up. If there is anything, except money, I could possibly help with,
I'm willing to learn Python (seriously) ;) I'm just hyped-over
virt-manager and libvirt.

Virt-manager does auto update from remote hosts.

If you want to edit configs by hand, use: virsh edit <domain>

virsh edit will signal libvirtd to re-read the config file you just edited, and virt-manager running on a remote host can get the update.

Also, most edits will not take effect until the VM is rebooted.

For instance:

You want to increase memory in a VM.

# virsh setmem 008065-aberrate.com 1024000

This changes the running VM (if certain conditions are met), but does NOT change the config file.

# virsh edit 008065-aberrate.com
   [change the currentMemory value to 102400]

This changes the config, but does not impact the running VM until the next reboot.

Good luck!.