[virt-tools-list] floppy and libvirt 0.8.1

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Mon Sep 27 14:06:25 UTC 2010

On 09/27/2010 09:05 AM, David Cure wrote:
>                Hello,
>
> 	With libvirt 0.8.1/virtinst 0.500.3 and Windows server guest, I
> can't have anymore floppy (it works with libvirt 0.6.5/virtinst
> 0.500.0). I use this parameter to create it with virt-install :
>
> --disk path=/root/virtio-drivers-1.0.0.vfd,device=floppy
>
>         and have this in the xml definition file :
>
>     <disk type='file' device='floppy'>
>       <source file='/root/virtio-drivers-1.0.0.vfd'/>
>       <target dev='fda' bus='fdc'/>
>       <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' unit='0'/>
>     </disk>
>
>         Any idea ?
>
>         David.

What exactly doesn't work? The floppy doesn't show up in the guest, the
guest fails to boot, something else? Any error messages in
/var/log/libvirt/qemu/$vmname.log?

The XML looks like it is being generated correctly, so this is likely a
libvirt or qemu issue. I'd recommend filing a bug report with your distro.

- Cole