[virt-tools-list] Known issue? QEMU/KVM --> QEMU Migration

Before I report this, is this a known issue or an expected behavior?

If a VM is created on a QEMU/KVM host, it cannot be migrated (even offline) to a QEMU host(1). *however*, if you delete the VM, and create a new one with the same disk image on the QEMU host, it can migrate freely between the QEMU host and QEMU/KVM host.

VMs created on a QEMU host can migrate between QEMU hosts and QEMU/KVM hosts just fine. My expectation is that it should at least be able to migrate offline, or display a warning/error.

(1) The error is
Unable to migrate guest: internal error Process exited while reading console log output: char device redirected to /dev/pts/0
open /dev/kvm: No such file or directory
failed to initialize KVM: Operation not permitted

- Nicholas Kesick