[virt-tools-list] virt-v2v rhev import error

John Kienle jhk at us.ibm.com
Tue Dec 6 16:41:15 UTC 2011

Hi,

    As was mentioned in the 'virt-v2v rhev import error' thread, I have
gotten an error trying to import a Linux RedHat guest from an ESX host to a
KVM hypervisor.  This is the output:

[root at storage-024 ~]# virt-v2v -ic esx://9.12.212.24/?no_verify=1 -op
transferimages --bridge br0 dev-03
dev-03_dev-03: 100%
[=============================================================================================]D
 0h24m54s
Using CPU model "cpu64-rhel6"
unknown filesystem label SWAP-sda2
Error running rpm -qa: command_lines: command_lines: rpm: No such file or
directory at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Sys/VirtV2V/GuestfsHandle.pm line
188.
 at /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/Sys/Guestfs/Lib.pm line 1022
virt-v2v: Unable to find any valid modprobe configuration

    Yesterday we downloaded the code from the beta channel and the results
(listed above) are the same as before.  If I can get assistance with this
it would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance,

John