Re: [virt-tools-list] RHEL 6 virt-install 64 bit host, 32 bit guest

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 1:11 AM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones redhat com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 05:05:51PM +0000, Rhonda Kern wrote:
>> So I installed the 32 bit version only to discover there's no
>> qemu-kvm.  Are there any options for getting RHEL 6 to run RH 7.3?
>
> At the moment, no there are not.  Contact Red Hat support about
> the issue and let's see if we can do something that way.
>
> Rich.
>
> --
> Richard Jones, Virtualization Group, Red Hat http://people.redhat.com/~rjones
> virt-p2v converts physical machines to virtual machines.  Boot with a
> live CD or over the network (PXE) and turn machines into Xen guests.
> http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v

Forgive the intrusion but I was in a similar boat a couple of years
ago with some software that supposedly only ran on RH 7.3.  We ended
up getting it to run on RHEL3 with the compat libraries.  I'd imagine
that KVM on RHEL6 supports RHEL3...

HTH

CC

--