Re: [virt-tools-list] virt-manager for Windows

On 02/02/2011 02:59 PM, Matthias Bolte wrote:
2011/1/31 Matthias Bolte<matthias bolte googlemail com>:
2011/1/31 Justin Clift<jclift redhat com>:
On 01/02/2011, at 5:50 AM, Kai Meyer wrote:
I'm confident I could follow the instructions provided at http://people.redhat.com/~rjones/win32-porting/ , but it appears that was written a long time ago, and I'm in no urgent hurry. Do the instructions still apply? Is there somebody already building these on their own that I could piggy-back off of their efforts?

I initially asked rjones (who claims authorship to the above article), and he asked I emailed the list, and copy jclift.
Good thinking guys. :)

 From memory, Matthias mentioned on IRC a while ago that he'd gotten virt-manager to work on windows.  But, I also
kind of remember him mentioning he had to code in a few dodgy hacks to make it work.

Matthias, am I remembering that somewhat correctly?  If so, is the code on GitHub or something that Kai could pick
up and try to work with?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift
Yes, I have virt-manager working on Windows. It can open a connection,
list domains, start and stop them. I didn't try to create new domains.
If I have some time left this week I'll take care of this.

[1] https://github.com/photron/msys_setup

Matthias

Okay, I've push the additional scripts for virt-manager to github now,
so you can give them a try.

Matthias