[virt-tools-list] can one actually use a 'local sdl window' in virt-manager?

Hi this is my first post on this mailing list, I hope this is the
correct place to ask about this issue.
I run debian squeeze for testing and I wanted to use a guest with a
local sdl window for its graphics output via virt-manager.
However, this doesn't seem to work at all. It appears that
virt-manager ends up trying to connect the guest to a pts that doesn't
even exist (sometimes ...) (if I grant it access to my .Xauthority
file).

I have reported a bug to debian about this which can be seen at

Am I missing something or ... ?