[virt-tools-list] connection refused when connecting to a VM

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 12:12:53 UTC 2011

Hi Bruno,
what worked was
changing the permissions of
/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock
When this problem came I saw the permissions as
srwxrwx--- 1 root root   0 2011-02-08 15:54 libvirt-sock

I did  777 to above file and I find the permissions now
srwxrwx--- 1 root libvirtd   0 2011-02-08 15:54 libvirt-sock
and now the virt-manager is working fine.
I really do not have any idea as why this problem came.
Though I was doing an update on my Ubuntu server at that time.
Here is a problem which I just reported to Ubuntu server team
I feel this is related with my problem.

In case you have any idea for this let me know.
But right now this problem is fixed.