Re: [virt-tools-list] can one actually use a 'local sdl window' in virt-manager?

On 02/04/2011 08:57 PM, dave b wrote:
> Hi this is my first post on this mailing list, I hope this is the
> correct place to ask about this issue.
> I run debian squeeze for testing and I wanted to use a guest with a
> local sdl window for its graphics output via virt-manager.
> However, this doesn't seem to work at all. It appears that
> virt-manager ends up trying to connect the guest to a pts that doesn't
> even exist (sometimes ...) (if I grant it access to my .Xauthority
> file).
> I have reported a bug to debian about this which can be seen at
> Am I missing something or ... ?

SDL doesn't play well with libvirt, though you should be able to make it work
with some possible extra config (it still won't integrate well with
virt-manager though).

Here are some notes for making it work with fedora: