Re: [virt-tools-list] recovery of virtual machine

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 12:40 AM, David Cure <virt-tools cure nom fr> wrote:
> Le Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 11:34:04PM +0530, Tapas Mishra ecrivait :
>>
>> All those are LVM images so in this situation what do I need to do let me know.
>> I have the backup of xml files.
>
>        if you have the backup of your vm definition, just restore it
> and run : virsh define /path/to/vm.xml

Hi David,
I did that and it is perfectly running but I did noticed even if I had
not done then simply copying the xml files to respective directories
was also working.
Now since all my VMs are back without any problems do let me know if
this step is necessary if yes then why?