[virt-tools-list] [RFC] virt-disk : a command line tool for modify domain XML's disk of inactive domains.

KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki kamezawa.hiroyu at jp.fujitsu.com
Tue Feb 22 00:48:21 UTC 2011

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 17:15:21 -0700
Eric Blake <eblake at redhat.com> wrote:

> What's wrong with directly patch libvirt's virsh command line tool to
> add in the extra functionality?

Just because I got a impression that 'there is a design policy that libvirt should
work only with active domain' after talk with redhat guys.

If it's allowed, it's best.

> > Do you think should all be supported by 'a' command ? or by a set of commands ?
> >
> > [at modify cpu]
> > % virt-modify --cpu .....
> > or
> > % virt-cpu-modify   .....
>
> That is, for the example of modifying the number of vcpus available to a
> guest, what's wrong with 'virsh setvcpus' with its various options?

No problem with that.

Off topic)

BTW, with

%virsh vcpupin --domain ID --vcpu 0 --cpulist 0
%virsh vcpupin --domain ID --vcpu 1 --cpulist 1
vcpu '0' will be on '0' and vcpu '1' will be on '1'.

How to describe this in XML format ?

<vcpu cpuset="0-1">2</vcpu>

will allow vcpu0 onto 0 or 1, vcpu1 onto 0 or 1. Right ?

Thanks,
-Kame