[virt-tools-list] what does virt-v2v check for in a multiboot os?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Jan 26 15:09:51 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 09:54:49AM -0500, Kenneth Armstrong wrote:
> Rich, would you like for me to reinstall the recovery console, and run
> virt-inspector on it again to show the output and add that to the bugs
> you listed?

Yes that would be great, thanks.

Also if you can attach 'guestfish --ro' to the disk image and run some
commands like this:

  guestfish --ro -a /tmp/windows-flat.vmdk
  ><fs> run
  ><fs> list-devices
  ><fs> list-partitions
  ><fs> list-filesystems

and for each partition that appears to contain a filesystem:

  ><fs> mount-ro /dev/sda1 /
  ><fs> ll /
  ><fs> umount /

and if you have libguestfs >= 1.7.17 then:

  virt-filesystems -a /tmp/windows-flat.vmdk --all --long --uuid

and any other information that you think may be pertinent.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v