[virt-tools-list] migration issue

Trey Nolen tnolen at internetpro.net
Fri Jul 22 15:15:33 UTC 2011

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04.3 hosts with libvirt 0.7.5.  I'm attempting to
migrate a windows guest, and am getting the following error:

Unable to migrate guest:
 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/migrate.py", line 457, in
_async_migrate
    vm.migrate(dstconn, migrate_uri, rate, live, secure)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py", line 1364, in
migrate
    self._backend.migrate(destconn.vmm, flags, newname, interface, rate)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/libvirt.py", line 518, in migrate
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainMigrate() failed', dom=self)
libvirtError: monitor socket did not show up.: Connection refused

I have another Windows guest that migrates without trouble.  All of my
Linux guests migrate without a problem.  I've looked at the definition
of the two Windows machines and there are two main differneces.  First,
the one that is failing has 2GB of RAM and the sucessful one has 1GB.
Second, the failing one is defined as an i686 architecture and the one
that is working is a x86_64.  Both are running 32bit Windows 2003
Server, though.

Would either of these differences cause the issue?  If not, does anyone
have an idea of what would?

Trey Nolen