Re: [virt-tools-list] [python-virtinst 2/2] virt-install: Create OS dict from libosinfo

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 06:40:58PM +0300, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 5:09 PM, Cole Robinson <crobinso redhat com> wrote:
> > On 07/01/2011 04:32 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> >> From: "Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)" <zeeshanak gnome org>
> >>
> >> Issues:
> >>
> >> * Some info is still hard-coded
> >>
> >> * We lose the following information:
> >>   * distro
> >>   * sortby
> >>
> >> * I get the following error from pylint:
> >>
> >>   E: 25: No name 'Libosinfo' in module 'gi.repository'
> >>
> >>   Apparently pylint doesn't know about how introspection works.
> >>
> >> * libosinfo is not yet in a stage that we can add a dependency on
> >>   it so this patch must not be merged into git master yet.
> >> ---
> >>  1 files changed, 100 insertions(+), 301 deletions(-)
> >>

> > Any idea if gobject introspection is in RHEL6? If it isn't, what would
> > it take to get libosinfo + python bindings in RHEL6?

No, there's no GObject introspection in RHEL6. While the GLib / Gtk stacks
there did contain some introspection support, it was disabled in their
builds since it is not compatible with the introspection code as released
at the GTK 3.0 release. So this will only work with Fedora 15 or later.

Regards,
Daniel