[virt-tools-list] clone with copy-on-write image

Hellio,

What is the way to achieve something like that:

I want to mount an existing partition /dev/sdX from within a virtual machine.
If possible I don't want to clone the partition but rather use it like a
template and just record the writes (or maybe simply discard them).

System is Linux / KVM /qemu

Thanks,

Florian