[virt-tools-list] Win2003 VMs not shuting down

Hi,

I have 2 VMs with windows 2003 in production. Twice a week, I backup these machines, using simple crontab commands. I do something like this:

01 00 *** root virsh shutdown vm1
05 00 *** root virsh destroy vm1
08 00 *** root rsync vm1 path/
18 00 *** root virsh start vm1

I'm not using "virsh save" because the libvirt version running in my hosts is a bit old (ubuntu 10 lts) and doesn't support this feature very well. So I enabled acpi in every vm, and shutdown they before copying it's image files. The command virsh destroy is just a security, to avoid copying a disk image of a running VM.

Analysing system logs (/var/log/syslog), virsh shutdown works perfectly in every linux VM. But it does not work with both windows VMs. Inside the VMs, I go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Power Options > Advanced > When I press the power button on my computer : Shut down.

Should I configure something else in windows VMs? They're not obbeing to virsh shutdown, they always only shutdown when virsh destroy command is executed.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the broken english,

-----
Att,
Bruno Santana