[virt-tools-list] Error: No hypervisor options were found for this connection

Hi,

I'm following the RHEL Virtualization Guide here:

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Virtualization/index.html

I've installed RHEL 6 and the qemu-kvm package as well as virt-manager.  I'm attempting to install a RHEL 6 guest OS.

[root test ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.0 (Santiago)

[root test ~]# rpm -q qemu-kvm
qemu-kvm-0.12.1.2-2.113.el6_0.6.x86_64

[root test ~]# rpm -q virt-manager
virt-manager-0.8.4-8.el6.noarch

The system is patched up to date:

[root test ~]# yum check-update
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit, rhnplugin
[root test ~]#

The kvm module is loaded:

[root test ~]# lsmod | grep -i kvm
kvm                   291875  0

When I invoke virt-manager from the command line as root, then click new to create a guest OS, I get a warning/error message that reads:

Error: No hypervisor options were found for this connection.

This usually means qemu or kvm is not installed on your machine.  Please insure they are installed as intended.

When I go on to enter a name for the guest in the box, the forward button is grayed out.  However, clicking enter takes me to step 2.

There, I am able to navigate to a local ISO but can proceed no further.

Thanks for any tips.

-D