Re: [virt-tools-list] Error saving / shuting down VM

Hi Richard,

I killed the qemu process, turned the VM on again, and everything is fine now. Tonight I'll update the libvirt of this server. Thank you very much. ;D

-----
Att,
Bruno Menezes

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones redhat com> wrote:
On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 08:37:55AM -0300, Bruno Lamps wrote:
> virsh # destroy ldapdebian
> > erro: Falha ao destruir o domínio ldapdebian
> > erro: Timed out during operation: cannot acquire state change lock

This is pretty strange ... *after* restarting libvirtd?

If it's a qemu/KVM guest, I would suggest just killing the qemu
process associated with the guest.

If the guest doesn't boot, try virt-rescue but ***only*** when you are
sure the guest [ie. qemu] is not running.  Otherwise you'll
permanently corrupt the disks.

Rich.

virt-df
lists disk usage of guests without needing to install any
software inside the virtual machine.  Supports Linux and Windows.
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/