Re: [virt-tools-list] Why virsh shutdown does not work?

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 08:33:54AM -0300, Bruno Lamps wrote:
> Why "virsh shutdown" isn't working for me everytime? Is there any VM log
> where I can discover the reason? =]

For qemu/KVM, have a look at:

/var/log/libvirt/qemu/

However as others have already said, it's very likely to be because
your VM is ignoring ACPI events, or because the VM needs some sort of
reconfiguration in order to obey ACPI events.

> Can "virsh destroy" damage VMs easily?

Perhaps not "easily", but it's like pulling the power cord so it's the
same risk that you take pulling the power cord on a real machine.

Rich.