Re: [virt-tools-list] Virt-p2v could not detect NTFS

Hi Rich,

The link to download http://www.annexia.org/tmp/virt-p2v-0.9.9.iso is dead. Would you please switch on the server?

Regards,
James

"Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones redhat com>

01.04.2010 06:02

jkhhui ogcio gov hk
cc
virt-tools-list redhat com
Subject

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 10:10:36AM +0800, jkhhui ogcio gov hk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Virt-p2v (http://www.annexia.org/tmp/virt-p2v-0.9.9.iso) works fine when a
> physical Red Hat server is physically transformed. However, when MS server
> (Windows XP in my case) is trying to be transformed to virtual machine,
> the disc could not detect the file system type of the Windows server as it
> is running in NTFS.
>
> How to fix it?

I'm afraid there is no way.  We are still (slowly) rewriting virt-p2v.

You could try:

http://rwmj.wordpress.com/2009/10/13/poor-mans-p2v/

Rich.

virt-top is 'top' for virtual machines.  Tiny program with many
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top