[virt-tools-list] [KVM] : Identify KVM-Host from inside the KVM-Guest

Anand Nande anande at redhat.com
Tue Nov 15 04:37:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

Is there a way to identify the KVM Host on which a KVM-Guest is running
- all this from inside the KVM-Guest.

Any 'virsh' options or any files that can tell me the name of the
parent-KVM-Host running this particular KVM-Guest?
[in the form of the KVM-hosts ipaddress or hostname]

PS:
I am trying to figure this out - while taking a direct-VNC connection to
a Fedora-15 Guest being hosted by a Fedora-16 KVM host.

I have tried using virt-what which just gives the type of hypervisor or
the version of the KVM (inside the KVM-guest):

#virt-what
kvm

#virt-what --version
1.11