Re: [virt-tools-list] Cant access Cd drive during boot

>> I have changed the boot options to allow for boot from CD but
>> still no luck. I want to access the guest in monitor mode
>> (Ctrl-Alt-2) but for the life of me have not been able to make this
>> work, any ideas?
>
> The monitor is explicitly *not* available from libvirt.  It would be a
> huge security hole for us to allow any user to just switch over to the
> monitor and start typing any monitor commands.

That's not entirely true.  Modern libvirt has 'virsh
qemu-monitor-command domain command...' which lets you type arbitrary
monitor commands.  But that command is explicitly unsupported - while it
is generally safe to use for query-only commands, it definitely causes
problems if you do a monitor command that affects qemu state behind
libvirt's back.