[virt-tools-list] Fwd: virt-manager crash - when removing LVM volumes, etc (takes out KDE4 completely also) apparmor related ? (always happens - multiple machines)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Morgan Cox <morgancoxuk gmail com>
Date: 17 November 2011 12:30
Subject: Re: [virt-tools-list] virt-manager crash - when removing LVM volumes, etc (takes out KDE4 completely also) apparmor related ? (always happens - multiple machines)
To: "Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones redhat com>

Hi.

Yes I did mean deleting volumes from storage pools.

Just to confirm when I remove the volume - the virt-manger (GUI) crashes - however it does actually delete the volume  (its more of an annoyance)

When it crashes (it crashes on KDE4 and gnome3) it brings down my KDE4 desktop also...

The actually KVM/libvirt server doesn't crash though (thankfully..)

Shall I submit a bug report for the virtual-machine manager?

Regards

On 16 November 2011 16:06, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones redhat com> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 11:13:49AM +0000, Morgan Cox wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Client :-
>
> Archlinux - KDE4/Gnome3
> virt-manager 0.9.0
>
> Server:-
> Ubuntu 11.10
> qemu-kvm 0.14.1
> libvirt 0.9.2-4ubuntu15.1
>
> I have been getting crashes when using virt-manager to manipulate LVM
> partitions (i.e delete) them

You mean, deleting volumes from storage pools?

You could try doing the equivalent operation directly with libvirt
(virsh vol-delete [...]).  If that also crashes the machine, take a
look at any errors in log files under /var/log/libvirt.

> This occurs all the time, in Kde4 the crash sometime takes out the entire
> desktop (this doesn't occur in gnome3) leaving me with a black screen...
>
> On the server I can see apparmor messages - for example
>
>  type=1400 audit(1321440182.218:74): apparmor="DENIED" operation="open"
> parent=1211 profile="" name="/dev/dm-5"
> pid=14653 comm="virt-aa-helper" requested_mask="r" denied_mask="r"
>
> Is this related ?
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how to stop the crashing ?

Rich.