Re: [virt-tools-list] Fwd: Browse Local disabled on AddHardware->Filesystems UI

On 11/18/2011 10:29 AM, Deepak Shetty wrote:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Deepak Shetty <dpkshetty gmail com>
Date: Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:15 AM
Subject: Re: [virt-tools-list] Browse Local disabled on AddHardware->Filesystems UI
To: Cole Robinson <crobinso redhat com>
Cc: virt-tools-list redhat com

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 7:04 PM, Cole Robinson <crobinso redhat com> wrote:

> Is this a remote connection? If so, 'browse local' is disabled since we have
> no way to show a file browser for the remote system.
>
> - Cole

I started virt-manager without any connect URI, so it means local, in
which case it makes sense to enable 'Browse Local' esp. for filesystem
where we primarily support the VirtFS concept, which helps export a
host filesystem to the guest. It would be very helpful to provide the
ability to choose local fs path in such a case.

    Any update on the above ? Does it make sense to see "Browse Local" enabled, in scenarios where the virt-manager is started on host itself ?