Re: [virt-tools-list] [libosinfo] Detection tool should set env for media ID

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 03:50:19PM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Christophe Fergeau
> > Hmm this also means the OSINFO_LIVE/OSINFO_INSTALLER properties are no
> > longer that useful, we can go from ID to database entry and get these
> > properties from there. I'm pointing this out since iirc the less things we
> > stick in udev, the better.
>
>   Perhaps but then we'll need to waste some time in re-searching for
> media/os that has already been searched for by another entitiy.

I don't think this search will be done so often that the extra search
matters

> Besides I don't see any harm being done unless we put > 5 props there
> since theoretically there is not limit.

There are already a few redundant props, so in the future we'll add a few
more because the other ones are already there, and so on. The less, the
better imo.

Christophe