Re: [virt-tools-list] [libosinfo 4/4] API to indicate media is live and/or installer

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 05:15:34PM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 5:11 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau redhat com> wrote:
> > Seems we won't get to an agreement on that one, so reluctant ACK on
> > uglifying the C API to make Vala look cooler.
>
>   Thanks! I already explained with proper examples how this is not
> vala-specific at all but rather vala expecting you to follow the usual
> gobject conventions regarding getters in general but you just have to
> blame vala so its hard to reach an agreement indeed. :)

Well, this was your initial justification "agreed, "_is_" would be slightly
better, but "_get_" is what vala wants!", that's just not a good justification
at all to me. "this is the usual way of doing things" just sounded like an
afterthought.
You have to learn how to convince me :)

Christophe