Re: [virt-tools-list] [PowerKVM][RFC]setting machine type in virt-manager

On 11/28/2011 03:41 AM, Cole Robinson wrote:
On 11/22/2011 09:59 AM, zhlcindy linux vnet ibm com wrote:

Hi all,

Now ppc can support several types of machine. And in the qemu,
the default machine type is mac99. So when we try to install
a VM with virt-manager,from libvirt log file the machine type
is always mac99, but I need pseries machine type.

So I am trying to add an option for setting right machine type.
I need some comments from you. Any suggestion is appreciated.

I would change the 'New VM' wizard to offer a machine drop down if any arch
besides i686/x86_64 is chosen. virt-install already has a --machine option so
you could check that code to see how to set the value, and just try and copy
other existing UI bits from the current 'New VM' wizard.

Thanks,
Cole

Got it. Thanks very much. I add a combo machine drop down in the machine setting. Is that OK?