[virt-tools-list] virsh migrate --live has sever bandwidth limits?

We are experimenting with large VMs, 4GB, live migrating from one host to another.

At first they were hitting our process timer, so I shut that off.

We have watched one today that started pushing 40Mb (bits) per second from host 1 to host 9 -- both hosts are Dell M610 blades in the same chassis with Gbit ports.

It is still running the migrate after 2.5 hours. I will be leaving it to run over night to see what happens.

We use an intermediate host to talk to each server to initiate the live migrate. ssh keys are set, and this command has always worked on smaller, or not busy hosts.

The KVM in question is running win2k8r2 with 2 virtual CPUs and 4GB RAM.
The host has 32GB RAM and is not very loaded at the moment.

Here is the command being executed on the intermediate host:

[root pxe1 ~]# virsh -c qemu+ssh://root kvm1 mydomain net/system migrate --live a008881 qemu+ssh://root kvm9 mydomain net/system

Versions:

RHEL 6.0

libvirt-client-0.8.7-14.el6.x86_64
libvirt-debuginfo-0.8.7-14.el6.x86_64
virt-viewer-0.2.1-2.el6.x86_64
libvirt-python-0.8.7-14.el6.x86_64
libvirt-devel-0.8.7-14.el6.x86_64
python-virtinst-0.500.3-7.el6.noarch
libvirt-0.8.7-14.el6.x86_64

Is there a default 'migrate-setspeed' in the older version, and if so, was it ~40Kb ?

Can it be modified in this version? There are way too many systems involved to do large updates at the moment. However, a small code change to a couple python scripts might slide through. :)

We will be moving them to RHEL 6.1 or 6.2 in the spring.

Thanks for any pointers!