[virt-tools-list] Should virt-install --os-variant=(unknown) guess?

On RHEL 6.1 if I do:

  virt-install --os-variant=fedora16 [...]

it says:

  ERROR    OS variant 'fedora16' does not exist in our dictionary for OS type 'linux'

It turns out that RHEL 6.1 virt-install only knows up to 'fedora14'.

I'm wondering if it's a good idea for fedoraNN where NN > the highest
known version in the dictionary to assume the capabilities of the
highest known version automatically.  Perhaps it could issue a
warning instead:

  WARNING  OS variant 'fedora16' does not exist in our dictionary, assuming 'fedora14'

Good idea, or is this going to fail horribly in some scenario that I
haven't thought about?

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v