Re: [virt-tools-list] [libosinfo 2/6] Add Resources class

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange redhat com> wrote:
> As a general comment, I wonder if we really need this one to
> derive from OsinfoEntity. The primary purpose of that base
> class is so we can do filtering on lists of OS, HVs, etc
> and their attributes.
> It seems unlikely we need todo filtering based on resources,

  I don't agree, in fact I am already using filters on it :)

> so could we simplify life and just derive from GObject
> directly and thus use plain old GObject properties, instead
> of the OsinfoEntity properties. It might make the bindings
> a little nicer to use.

  We can expose these as properties as well.

> I actually have the same thought about the OsinfoMedia
> object class too.

 Don't know of other kinds of filtering but similar to Resources, one
might need/want to filter medias by architecture as well.

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124