Re: [virt-tools-list] iSCSI disk goes missing after domU installation

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 03:30:29PM -0400, Alan McKay wrote:
> Well I tried all 3 ways - adding a storage device "block device" as type
> IDE, SCSI and Virtual, and they all add fine via virt-manager and I can do
> the install into them and the install goes fine, but when I boot from it it
> does not see the disk

If you manually do it, so instead of using 'phy:/dev/disk-by-uuid'.. blah
you end up using 'phy:/dev/sdc' - does it work then?

You can find out what the device is by using 'lsscsi'.

It really looks like the tools are dropping your /dev/disk-by-uuid.. and
can't find it. One way to get more details is to run 'xenstore-ls' (and
attach it here) along with 'lsscsi' to figure out which device the
tools end up setting up for the guest.