Re: [virt-tools-list] virt-manager issues

Your problem is nothing to do with libguestfs, but anyway.

libguestfs depends on a working qemu, which is broken in Ubuntu 12.04.
See this thread:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libguestfs/2012-April/thread.html#00028

and this bug comment:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/seabios/+bug/931371/comments/12

We don't have anyone maintaining libguestfs in Ubuntu, so what you are
getting is just random packages pulled out of Debian.  Not
surprisingly that often doesn't work.  I do my best to help out, but
it's not my primary development platform, and I don't have permissions
to commit the required fixes to qemu/seabios in Ubuntu.

Rich.

I'm not sure this is correct anymore.  According to the thread at

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libguestfs/2012-April/thread.html#00028

Precise is shipping with febootstrap 3.12, but I'm showing that I do have 3.14 installed with the release version of 12.04:
# febootstrap --version
febootstrap 3.14

The other link is talking about an issue with blank disk images, which I don't have, so I'm not sure it is relevant either.

Now, I *did* get the toolbar I was talking about when opening a guest on a different machine (also running 12.04, so it must be something workstation-specific. Any idea what would cause the viewer to only show the console and not have the tool bar which allows you to view machine information? I can give some more virt-manager debug output if needed.

Trey Nolen