[virt-tools-list] Connect virt-viewer to VM on remote host?

I have a SPICE-enabled QEMU VM running on a host, with SPICE-enabled virt-viewer available on both the same host and a nearby machine on the LAN; when I try to connect thusly:

virt-viewer --connect qemu://host GuestName

it pops up "Unable to connect to libvirt with URI qemu://host".  Already verified that firewall is off on the host (it's Arch Linux).  Is there something else to do to permit connection like this?  I've also tried by VM number (there's only 1 right now) and UUID, same results.  I can reach the host by GUI through virt-manager very well, working very nicely with sound and everything.

--
Jonathan E. Brickman
Ponderworthy Music