Re: [virt-tools-list] [libosinfo 7/8] rfc: Infer ISO language from label

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 03:52:23PM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> Not at all. You'll have entries like:
>
> <media>
>   <languages>fi_Fi,fr_FR</languages>
>   <volume-id>WHATEVER</volume-id>
> </media>
> <media>
>   <languages>fi_Fi,fr_FR,us_US</languages>
>   <volume-id>(WHATEVER2)|(WHATEVER3)</volume-id>
> </media>
>
> Now if there is a new volume ID to be added, you'll either put it in a
> new media entry or to an existing entry that has the same languages in
> its list.

This would work for fedora ISOs. Windows Volume IDs look like EDITION_LANG,
where there is a set of valid values for EDITION (this is what we already
have in windows.xml), and a set of valid values for LANG (which is what I'm
trying to add). EDITION and LANG can be associated more or less freely
(some editions are not available in some languages, but this is the
exception rather than the norm).
This means we would have:

<media>
  <languages>fr_FR</languages>
  <volume-id>EDITION_FR</volume-id>
</media>
<media>
  <languages>fi_FI</languages>
  <volume-id>(EDITION_FI|EDITION2_FI)</volume-id>
</media>

And if we wanted to add an EDITION3 which is available both in French and
Finland, we'd have to change both entries. Windows is available in 20+
languages.

If what you suggest is

<media>
  <languages>fr_FR, fi_FI</languages>
  <volume-id>EDITION_</volume-id>
</media>
<media>
  <languages>fi_FI</languages>
  <volume-id>EDITION2_</volume-id>
</media>

then we still need to map FR, FI to fr_FR, fi_FI, so we're back at the
initial problem.

Christophe