[virt-tools-list] Windows 7 don't boot in KVM on Fedora 16

Arno Gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 19:14:19 UTC 2012

On 04/12/12||19:54, Martin Edlman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it's me again after long time. On March I've reported that Windows 7
> doesn't start and run in KVM on my HP Pavilion notebook.
> I didn't try since then until now. And voila, now it runs fine. I just want
> you to know that it works now.
>
> But I'm now able to tell from which version of libvirt or kernel as there
> were many updates in the time between.
>
> Big thanks to all of you for the job done.
>
> Martin

> >> My host is 64 bit Intel i7.

> >> I tried another installation, this time I created 64 bit guest VM (before I
> >> created 32 bit VMs) and copied CPU configuration from the host. But sadly
> >> the result is the same. Install went relatively fine (but slow), but after
> >> that windows failed to boot. Errors in the log file are same as before (see
> >> the attached log file).

> >> Martin
> >
> > Hmm, no obvious problem that I can tell. Please open a bug against libvirt
> > with your distro and include that log file you sent me.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Cole

I take the opportunity to ask if anyone on the list can give me some
good pointer to set up 9p filesystem in windows.
I am looking for a smart and convenient way to share folder between my
Arch Linux host and the w7 guest.
I tried with no success with ninefs to mount 9p filesystem on w7. Is
there any other trivial solution?

Thank you.