Re: [virt-tools-list] [libosinfo v2] install-scripts: Translate lang format when needed

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 09:19:58AM +0100, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 02:12:58AM -0200, Fabiano FidĂȘncio wrote:
> > Add this translation in the fedora template file because kickstarter
> > script must set the language using the glib-way (eg: en_US) meanwhile
> > the application must set the language using l10n standard (eg: en-US)
>
> We went for en_US rather than en-US on the reasoning that this way we
> wouldn't need to do remapping of the value for fedora (and hopefully other
> distros). If fedora needs to remap from _ to -, then I'd rather we expect
> 'en-US' in the public API, and remap to en_US where needed. This means
> the changes from 7285d51f8 and 97492696d needs to be adjusted as well.

Hmm, not sure why this email appeared as unread in my mailbox this morning,
I didn't pay attention it's really old by now, just ignore it. Though this
may raise interesting questions about our public API...

Christophe