[virt-tools-list] virt-manager destroys symlinks to guest configs

Jakub Mroziński jakub at 31337.pl
Mon Feb 20 16:21:28 UTC 2012

Hi,
virt-manager after saving guest config destroy symlink to this file and creates new file. How to reproduce:

cd /etc/libvirt/qemu
# mv openbsd.xml /mount/
# ln -s /mount/openbsd.xml
# ls -l openbsd.xml
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 49 Feb 20 17:09 openbsd.xml -> /mount/openbsd.xml
# virt-manager

Now we need to edit host openbsd in virt-manager then "Apply" changes and we got:
# ls -l openbsd.xml
-rw------- 1 root root 2076 Feb 20 17:13 openbsd.xml

I have network storage and move every configuration there. On host i want have only symlinks. I know that i can do workaround, but i dont want.

This solution was working (i dont know on which version) fine but after upgrade it doesn't work.

virt-manager - 0.9.1-1 (debian testing)

Thanks

--
Jakub Mroziński