Re: [virt-tools-list] [RFC] add spapr-vio bus for pseries feature

On 12/22/2011 04:43 AM, Li Zhang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For pseries machine, spapr-vio bus is supported.
> A lot of devices and controller needs to use spapr-vio bus.
> So we need to add such an option in virt-manager for user
> to select.
>
> Now virt-manager only support virtio, which is a generic bus.
> spapr-vio is a little different from it.
>
> Any comments?
>
> Any suggestion is appreciated.

Can you provide an example of the libvirt xml we are talking about here?

Best thing to do might be to just have virtinst default to using that bus if
installing a pseries guest. Is it something that can be used unconditionally
or does it require guest cooperation like virtio?

Thanks,
Cole