Re: [virt-tools-list] Bridged Network, Fedora 16 and Network Manager

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones redhat com> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 11:58:22PM -0500, Eric Mesa wrote:
> When I put the BRIDGE=br0 into my eth0, it stopped working correctly.  What
> do I have to do to get this set up correctly?

Not much to go on.  I used the following instructions which worked
fine for me:

http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Networking#Bridged_networking_.28aka_.22shared_physical_device.22.29

Rich.

Fair enough.  Those instructions were written around the time of Fedora 12 - so still no network manager support for bridging, I suppose.  If you do implement those instructions, it says you have to tell network manager to leave the connections alone.  Does that mean you can't use the nm gui to monitor your connection?  Or just can't change details about the connection from within nm?

--
Eric Mesa
http://www.ericsbinaryworld.com