Re: [virt-tools-list] [libosinfo v2 6/8] Correct InstallConfigParam:policy prop to enum type

On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 04:14:22PM +0100, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> From: "Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)" <zeeshanak gnome org>
>
> Although this means ABI "breakage", we must keep in mind:
>
> a. The property getter (the API used by apps) was treating the string
>    value as enum, i-e it was broken for apps so if any app is using this
>    API, they were totally screwed anyways.

Yes, imo this was intended to be a g_param_spec_enum from the start, and
this is a copy & paste error. Given that the API was not working in the
first place, I think this change is more of a bug fix that a bad ABI break.

Christophe