[virt-tools-list] Custom KVM with Virt Manager not starting

Dear List,

I have been trying to use VMM with my custom KVM but have not been able to get it to work.

After creating a custom KVM-QEMU installation which works as intended, I installed libvirt and VMM and noticed that the KVM-QEMU VMs being created were not running on my custom version. Within VMM I noticed that it said it launched from
/usr/bin/kvm (which must have been installed with VMM) so I copied my usual starting point for the custom version from /usr/local/kvm/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 to the location in /usr/bin/kvm. However this still did not work, and I can't understand what to try from here.

I'd appreciate any ideas or help on what else I could try please.

Regards,

Ekrem