[virt-tools-list] [libvirt-users] alias as volume names for multipath storrage pools

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Oct 5 12:14:21 UTC 2012

hi,

sorry for crossposting

Quoting Eric Blake <eblake at redhat.com>:

> [adding virt-tools-list]
>
> On 09/28/2012 07:44 AM, Michael Menge wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I use virt-manager 0.9.4 and libvirt 0.9.13-0 and have configured
>> a multipath storage pool.
>>
>> In the storage management window of virtmanager,
>> only the short device name "dm-1" is shown as volumename.
>>
>> Is there a way to display the alias name or the path in thes storage
>> window, as example_vm_root oder /dev/mapper/example_vm_root is more
>> informative as dm-1
>
> As this is a question about the virt-manager gui, rather than libivrt,
> you may get more response on the virt-tools-list.

thanks for the hint with the virt-tools-list.
I was and I am still uncertain which program is responsible of the
volume name. Virt-manager is the program that I want to use.
But virsh displays the same names with virsh vol-list.
So i was in the impression the names where set by libvirt.

Maybe I focused to much on virt-manager with my question.
I would be glad if someone could clarify where this problem/feature
can and sould be addressed.

Regards

    Michael Menge

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen