[virt-tools-list] Windows7 install on VM failure

Arno Gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 17:52:24 UTC 2012

Dear List,

I am trying with no sucess to install w7 on a VM on my Archlinux box.
I use virt-install,virtio,qemu, and i already managed to set up VM.
This time, after #virt-install --connect qemu///....., the libvirtviewer
opens, and windows starts to install. The issue is it can not find the
disk (/dev/vg0/lv_merdoz) beacuse drivers are not installed.
I read I needed virtio-win-0.1-30.iso.
I downloaded it, exctrat the WIN7 folder with the drivers.
Then I exctrat my win7.iso, put the WIN7 folder inside, then
$mkisofs -o win7.iso -J -r win7
and get a new iso file.
Unfortunately, when using it with virt-install, the file is not
recognized and windows can not boot: could not red (code 004).

1- Do I really need virtio.iso to get the drivers?
2- how to add it in my setup?

Thank you for help.