Re: [virt-tools-list] creation of VM without installation media

On 10/17/2012 10:52 PM, ROBIN CERNIN wrote:
Hi,

i encounter problem with Virtual Machine Manager 0.8.2 on my Debian.
trying to create new VM but it requires me to select Installation
media *.iso, PXE or network install. I have downloaded full installed
disks from VMware, converted them with qemu-img but when I want to
create clean VM I need to have installation media? even I dont want to
install anything at start.

virt-manager 0.8.4 added an "import existing disk image" option: http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2010-March/msg01105.html

It looks like 0.8.4 is the version in squeeze right now (http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/virt-manager).

Please can you advice?

btw, great job with virt-manager. :) it is my favourite Virtualization
tool even there are still some bugs I already fall in love with it.

--Br Robin