[virt-tools-list] Virt-manager for specific user / VM

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012, Eric Blake wrote:

Not yet, but there is a proposal being worked on that would eventually
allow that to happen:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2012-May/msg00090.html

I see that was 'floated' earlier as well. Is there a set of blockers, or milestone, to allow knowing a timeframe on a roadmap? It would seem that the next major release of RHEL's documentation and hoped for feature set, so we probably won't see it in the enterprise product until a later entrant in that product line

We provide a 'wrapper' layer to permit access to selected 'virsh' commands to (untrusted as to what they might attempt, intentionally or inadvertently) customers. I know Luke Crawford at prgmr.com also has published sample code for a TUI console with selected commands in his 'no-starch' book
	http://wiki.prgmr.com/mediawiki/index.php/Prgmr_menu

If you don't have the book, it is worth picking up for ideas, although as it is in a fast changing field, the specifics change
	The Book of Xen: A Practical Guide for the System
	Administrator

The 'virsh' approach works for varying degrees of 'works', but requires either providing a static subset of commands, or a 'sanitizing layer' of what we are willing to pass along

-- Russ herrold