Re: [virt-tools-list] [libosinfo v2 1/4] Add translation framework

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 08:29:54PM +0300, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Christophe Fergeau
> <cfergeau redhat com> wrote:
> > Standalone binaries generally use
> >   setlocale (LC_ALL, "");
> >   textdomain (GETTEXT_PACKAGE);
> >
> >   bindtextdomain (GETTEXT_PACKAGE, GLIB_LOCALE_DIR);
> >
> > #ifdef HAVE_BIND_TEXTDOMAIN_CODESET
> >   bind_textdomain_codeset (GETTEXT_PACKAGE, "UTF-8");
> > #endif
>
> AFAIK they only do the last 3 calls if they have their own gettext
> domain but in these binaries we just use libosinfo' gettext domain.

Hmm, might be, on the other hand, it doesn't hurt to have all of this in
case application writers use these tools as a template. The textdomain()
call will be needed if these tools were to use translatable strings by
themselves (as opposed to translated strings coming from libosinfo).

Christophe