Re: [virt-tools-list] [libosinfo v3 2/4] Load localized values for entity params

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 06:39:45PM +0300, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau redhat com> wrote:
> > If we are looking up the translation from the .mo file, there is no point
> > in merging translations back into the XML file, this only makes it bigger
> > (ie slower to download, slower to parse) for no good reason, so I would
> > make sure that we don't get xml:lang in the xml file. I think gtkbuilder
> > files look for a 'translatable' attribute on xml nodes.
>
> Not sure how that works. Do I need to still generate XML files? How do
> I tell gettext about this translatable attribute?

Not sure how this works either ;) There should be a way to get intltool to
extract the strings from the xml to the po file, but not to merge them
back. Probably better to look more into what GtkBuilder or GSettings do.

Christophe